Fulfilling Our Mission
2015-2016 Annual Report
During the 2015–16 school year, ETM worked to support student learning in music and in all areas and to build capacity among school and community members to sustain programs. ETM used music to support the education of nearly 27,000 inner-city students through partnerships with 48 New York City schools in the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
Over the course of the year ETM provided:
- Students with sequential, skills- and standards-based music instruction as well as enrichment programs.
- Music teachers with ongoing training, mentoring, and oversight.
- Classroom teachers with professional development.
- Principals with leadership and program management guidance.
- Parents and community members with opportunities to learn about music education and to see their children perform.
This year, we served a record number of children and partnered with a record number of schools. We increased our footprint to every borough of New York City so that a greater number of children throughout the city benefited from an education that includes music. We significantly expanded our ensemble offerings, and the annual ETM Festival was a tremendous success for partner school ensemble students. This culminating event was held over two days to accommodate the growing program and allow each ensemble ample time to showcase their technical and musical achievements. We also delivered a record number of hours of training and professional development services.