Music education gives students skills and knowledge that will help them succeed in school and in life.
Far too many schools lack music programs. Help us change that.
Learn more about the benefits of music education and the state of music education in New York, and make your voice heard. Below are some of ETM’s favorite resources. For more information about how you can get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Music Education Matters
- SEADAE Arts Education White Paper (State Education Agency Directors of Arts Education)
- The Arts and Achievement in At-Risk Youth: Findings from Four Longitudinal Studies (National Endowment for the Arts)
- Broader Minded Blog (National Association for Music Education)
Music and Arts Education in New York City and New York State
- New York State Arts Requirements (NYC Department of Education)
- New York City Arts in Schools Report, 2014-15 (NYC Department of Education)
- New York City State of the Arts Report, April 2014 (NYC Comptroller)
Resources for Parents, School Leaders, and Community Members
- Parent Advocacy Toolkit (Center for Arts Education)
- What School Leaders Can Do to Increase Arts Education (Arts Education Partnership)
- Arts Education Field Guide (Americans for the Arts)