Check out the lists below to see if you might have something that could help our programs or events.
Basic classroom supplies
- Reams of copy paper
- cardstock, construction paper, etc.
- markers, pens, pencils, tape
- Children's books- especially fairy tales, legends, and music related themes (these books do not have to only be about music--ALL children's fiction is welcome)
- Storage bins (for percussion instruments, drumsticks, student work, etc): Clear tubs or stackable crates
- Beginning band and orchestra instruments in playable condition
- guitars (steel or nylon string) in playable condition
- Pianos- various makes and models- as long as they are in playable condition and the donor is willing to arrange and pay for delivery
- hand percussion such as tambourines, congas, djembes, cymbals, etc.
- Drum sets
- unused soprano recorders
- mallets for Orff instruments (xylophones, metalophones): specifically mallets with yarn or felt beaters
- acoustic and electric guitar string sets
- 3/4 and 4/4 violin string sets (or individual E strings)
- 3/4 and 4/4 cello string sets (or individual A strings)
- Some up to date music technology components (cables, controllers, etc--please contact us for specific needs)
There are many other items not listed here that would be useful-- basically, if it is in playable condition we can probably use it in one of our many schools!
- CDs of all kinds of music (as long as the lyrics are appropriate for children)--classical, jazz, pop, hip-hop, world styles--it's all great!
- choral music for elementary and middle school- from 1-4 part harmony, single copies or complete sets
- ensemble music for elementary/middle school bands and orchestras
- easy solo repertoire for elementary/middle school band and orchestral instruments
Please do not donate
While we appreciate your willingness to help, we already have the following items, or they do not suit our particular needs:
- Piano and/or guitar sheet music
- Advanced sheet music or technique books
- popular song collections published later than 2 years ago
- textbooks (beyond elementary general music texts)
- books intended for private study (piano methods, advanced music theory or history)
- college texts (except for those on teaching pedagogy-both music and otherwise)
You can help improve the success of our fundraising events by donating services or items for auctions. If you would like to contribute towards events, please call 212-972-4788 or email info@ETMonline.org, attention: Events, to make arrangements.