ETM’s primary activity is forming long-term partnerships with New York City schools to help principals establish and sustain school-wide music education programs that reach every student. These partnerships provide music as a core subject for every child in each school and incorporate supporting services such as training, professional development, leadership guidance, assessment, and capacity building.
ETM offers guidance in professional development, curriculum design, and program implementation to schools and organizations both locally and around the country. Clients have included orchestras, and public, private and charter schools.
ETM has licensed organizations in Los Angeles and the California Bay Area to implement our model in their local communities, and we are looking to expand this initiative.
At ETM, we believe
- Music improves academic achievement, motivation for school, and self-confidence.
- Every child deserves access to high-quality music education, taught by qualified and well-trained music teachers.
- Music is a core academic subject that supports learning in other areas.
- Music teachers deserve high-quality support and professional development.
- Strong principal leadership is essential to establishing and sustaining school-wide music programs.
- Vibrant music programs encourage active parent involvement and strengthen school communities.