ETM just turned 17 — Help us celebrate!
We are looking to register 1,000 new supporters at $10 or higher by May 31, 2008! Are we there yet?
Four ways you can participate:
- Become a new contributor to ETM and ask your friends, family, and colleagues to do the same. Make a donation to ETM's 100dBs campaign.
- Make a challenge pledge to inspire new donors to join in. If you are an exisiting donor, this is a great way to participate in the campaign. New donors can make challenge pledges in addition to donating! Make a challenge pledge to ETM's 100dBs campaign.
- Forward this page to a friend with a note about your support, or find another way to let people know about your interest in our cause. Forward this page.
- Become aware of ETM's vision for supporting music education! Learn more about ETM's vision.
- What kinds of activities will my contribution support?
- How will my contribution or pledge be recognized and publicized?
- Can I donate or pledge anonymously?
- Who qualifies as a "new" donor?
- What are the campaign's goals?
- When does the campaign end?
- How can I find out about the current status of the campaign?
- How loud is 100 decibels, anyway?
A: Over the next three to five years, Education Through Music aims to make strategic investments in strengthening music education in the following ways.
- Providing school-based music instruction to thousands of children in New York City who would otherwise go without
- Helping to develop affiliate organizations in other parts of the United States to make the most of local resources and leadership to address local challenges
- Developing and sharing best practices in music education with school districts through in-person and online professional development activities
- Convening a national conference to focus on practical next steps for improving the day-to-day realities of music education
- Investing in developing music education leaders who can move our educational system towards music education for all children.
If you believe these strategies can help students and improve the effectiveness and sustainability of music as an element of education for all children, add your voice to ours! Our ability to make a difference depends on your support. Every contribution and every voice makes a difference!
A: Pledges and contributions will be updated as close to daily as possible on the campaign status report page. Participants may specify if they wish to be listed by first and last name, first name and last initial, or anonymously.
A: Yes, when completing the online pledge and donation forms participants may specify if they wish to be listed by first and last name, first name and last initial, or anonymously.
A: You can be a "new" donor if: (1)You are making your first ever gift to ETM, (2)Your most recent previous gift to ETM was prior to September 1, 2005, or (3)You have purchased ETM event tickets in the past but have never made an outright contribution (where no goods and services were received). If you do not fit into one of these categories and would like to participate, please make a challenge pledge!
Challenge pledges can also be made by first-time donors. They will be added to the new donor count only after the conditions of their pledge have been satisfied.
A: Our primary goal is to register 1,000 new supporters at $10 or higher by May 31, 2008. A secondary goal is to engage existing supporters in making challenge pledges to encourage growth of the ETM supporter community. Third, we want to make more people aware of the strategies we will employ in the next few years to transform their financial support into sustainable improvements in music education.
A: The campaign will end May 31, 2008.
A: The campaign status report page will provide regular updates on our volume.
A: One hundred decibels is really loud, something like a guitar amp on 10 from just 10 ft away!