Music education is part of a well-rounded education, essential for students’ social and emotional well-being, and a critical tool for establishing equity and access.
Not all children have access to high-quality music education.
Help us change that.
Learn more about the benefits of music education and the state of music education in New York. Below are some of ETM’s favorite resources. For more information about how you can get involved, please contact us at email@example.com
Why Music Education Matters
- SEADAE Arts Education White Paper (State Education Agency Directors of Arts Education)
- The Arts and Achievement in At-Risk Youth: Findings from Four Longitudinal Studies (National Endowment for the Arts)
- NAfME Position Statements (National Association for Music Education)
Music and Arts Education in New York City and New York State
- New York State Music Standards (NYC Department of Education)
- New York City Arts in Schools Report, 2018-19 (NYC Department of Education)
- NYC Comptroller’s Importance of National Arts Funding (NYC Office of the Comptroller)
Resources for Parents, School Leaders, and Community Members
- Parent Advocacy Toolkit (Center for Arts Education)
- What School Leaders Can Do to Increase Arts Education (Arts Education Partnership)
- Arts Education Field Guide (Americans for the Arts)